Monday, March 28, 2011

Starbucks and Keurig team up!

I recently read an article that I found very interesting regarding a new partnership. The ever so popular "Keurig" coffee just created a deal with Starbucks to sell their coffee. After hearing this, my initial reaction was why would Green Mountain do such a thing? I thought that would hurt the sales of Green Mountain coffee flavors but the stock market thought differently. Turns out stock prices jumped 41 percent after this news broke out. 


"Green Mountain has now secured partnerships with almost every major coffee brand in the country" (Boston Globe).


 After finishing this article, I realized what a good marketing plan this was. Why not make a deal to sell one of the most popular coffee brands in one of the most used coffee makers? This is going to benefit both Starbucks and Green Mountain and I think they will see tremendous profits as their outcome. Do you agree that this is a good idea, or do you think one of these companys will hurt in the long run?



Source: Green Mountain and Starbucks- Boston Globe

1 comment: