Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Response to Douglas Sack

"Why do you think the Flip failed? Did you own a Flip? Are you still satisfied? What could Flip have done to survive?"


I recently recieved a Flip camcorder for Christmas, as well as an iPhone 4. I never really put much thought into which one would be the best investment until after reading Doug's post. If I were to pick one or the other I would absolutely choose the iPhone 4. Not only can it take video, it also has the capability of uploading it to Facebook or YouTube. I think this is one of the reasons the Flip is no longer selling. Like Doug said, it couldn't keep up with the changes in the marketplace. I will admit that I still use my Flip, however I find my phone to be more convenient to use. Instead of carrying around two pieces of electronics, I have everything on my phone. I think that if the Flip offered more features, such as a camera as well as video and uploading capabilities to other servers it might have had a better chance of survival. 


Did you ever think of purchasing a Flip? Why do you think they went from high popularity to barely sellable?

No comments:

Post a Comment