Thursday, February 3, 2011

Response to Aubrey Menegus

"So should companies even be able to use social networks to dig up dirt on people or in a positive way to see how well people can use social networking? How much information do you put up about yourself on the internet?"


Aubrey makes a very good observation about how prospective employers view Facebook before hiring a candidate. In my opinion, if someone is going to post "partying" pictures on the Internet then they are up for viewing. Facebook and other forms of social networking are the growing phenomenon. Employers have the right to look at the job candidates Facebook pages before making a decision on who to hire. Like Aubrey says, there are privacy settings so that you can decide how much of your profile you want shown to the public. I don't fully trust the people that are on the internet so I only accept people that I am friends with. I also don't have anything on my page that I wouldn't want my Boss to see. The internet is a very large, growing, and dangerous place. You should never put something out there that demeans you in any way. 

1 comment: